To establish the department as a Centre of excellence in domain of software engineering, aiming distinguished in teaching, learning, scientific research and community service.
Our mission is to prepare undergraduate software engineers with thorough understanding of software engineering and empirical learning opportunities to apply that knowledge to other areas in which software engineering will make significant contribution to all fields of life.
BS Software Engineering (4 years)
BSSE program provides graduate studies while maintaining a balance between computing theory and practical application of software engineering concepts, methodologies, tools and technologies in the modern software development environments. Program enables the students to create high quality software systems in a systematic, controlled and efficient manner and develops professionals who have a mastery of software systems.
Graduates of Software Engineering program will be able to function as software developers and effective team members. They will have ground knowledge of communication, mathematics and science. They will have knowledge of and experience with software product engineering and engineering management as well as an understanding of professional issues and practices.
2.2 Program Length
4-5 years [8-10 semesters + thesis in 7th & 8th semester]
• General rules of HEC are followed to determine the eligibility of the candidate.
• The candidates must have 50% marks in Intermediate (HSSC) examination with Mathematics or equivalent qualification with Mathematics certified by IBCC.
• At least 50% marks in Intermediate (HSSC) examination with Pre-Medical or equivalent qualification, certified by IBCC.
o Deficiency: “Students with pre-medical, must have to pass deficiency courses of Mathematics of 6 credit hours in first Year”
• Entrance test is mandatory for admission in BS (SE).
• Overall merit will comprise marks in academics and Entrance result.
- Merit= 20% W SSC + 50% W HSSC + 30% W E. Test
- W = Weightage
- E. Test = Entrance Test
- Merit is rounded up to 2dp
Mr. Khurrum Mustafa Abbasi
Lecturer | Deputy Director QEC
+92 5826-90022 Phone:
Mr. Zaheed Ahmed
Assistant Professor(On Leave)
Ms. Umm-e -Habiba
Lecturer (On Leave)
Ms. Sundus Iftikhar
Lecturer (On Leave)
Ms. Imsha Maryum